=”1″ src=”http://newbeginnings.com.ph/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/unique-childbirth-individual-article.jpg” alt=”" />
The journey through motherhood is a very personal and eventful experience. This is the day all mums wait for. After nine months, your baby will finally arrive and for first time mums like you, you want this experience to be unique and intimate.
Planning and choosing ahead of time what method you want to use in delivering your baby and where you want to hold this momentous event can be very beneficial to first time mums and dads like you. This will help you prepare yourselves not only physically but also emotionally and financially.
Here are some of the different ways of giving birth mums can choose from nowadays:
1. The Natural Way
• Most mums of today opt for and say that natural birth is still the best delivery method because it empowers you as a mum and it is the healthiest option for the baby because it is free of any pain medication that can be passed on to your baby. It can also create a strong bond between you and your as you rhythmically go through labor. However, this is not for everyone because some mums need to be assisted or sometimes certain complications arise.
2. Water Birth
• Water birth is slowly becoming popular. Those who have opted for this method say that going through labor and delivery in a birthing tub creates a soothing environment for both you and your baby.
• Aside from a pool, choosing the right health provider is key to a safe water birth. You might want to light some scented candles too to help you relax even more.
• If hospitals make you feel anxious or you want a more intimate delivery experience, you can opt to give birth at the comfort of your own home. This method gives your more freedom to move and manage your pain as well.
• Make sure that your midwife is trained and that she has the necessary things with her on the day of delivery such as oxygen, IV, and sterile gloves, gauze pads, and thermometer.
4. Assisted (Medicated) Birth
• If your threshold for pain is low then assisted or medicated birth is something you can consider. There’s nothing wrong with opting for this method as not all mums are built the same. Remember, seeking assistance, and pain medication during labor and delivery is normal.
5. Caesarean (C-Section) Birth
• C-section is advised for mums with risky pregnancy. Also, if you and/or your baby experience distress or any other complications during labor and delivery, your OB will need to deliver your baby in this method.
6. The Lamaze Method
• The Lamaze method uses the natural way of giving birth but it also allows you to discover yourself through different techniques, movements and positions. It also gives you other options for managing pain such massage and aromatherapy. More importantly, it highlights the role of your spouse / partner in your journey of giving birth.
• You can contact The Philippine Association for Childbirth Education (P.A.C.E) www.childbirthteacher.com for childbirth classes to aid you in your journey.
Choosing the right childbirth option for you and your baby is very personal so before making any decision, give yourself enough time to think and plan it. Talk about it with your spouse or partner and your family. Listen to stories of your experienced mum friends so you get an unbiased approach. Consult with your OB or a health expert on what your body can actually handle and if you’re at risk of any complication. There are so many childbirth methods you can choose from to make your journey through motherhood a very unique experience but remember that your decision should be based on what’s best for you and your baby’s health.
Do you want to know more about pregnancy and how you can make the most out of your journey through motherhood? Like and join the New Beginnings (http:// www.facebook.com/ newbeginnings.com.ph) community in Facebook and learn and share your experiences with fellow progressive mums!